Networking the New American Poetry is a collaboration between the Emory Center for Digital Scholarship (ECDS) and the Raymond Danowski Poetry Library of the Stuart A. Rose Manuscript, Archives & Rare Book Library. It was proposed and developed by Lisa Marie Chinn, Brian Croxall, and Rebecca Sutton Koeser.
Platforms, Libraries, and Technologies
- Linkcurious.js / Sigma.js
- Twitter Bootstrap
- Kevin Young, Curator
- Rebecca Sutton Koeser, Technical Lead, Senior Software Engineer, LITS, 2014-2016
- Brian Croxall, Project Lead, 2014-2015
- Lisa Chinn, Research Lead, 2014-2015
- Anne Donlon, Project Coordinator and Software Development Product Owner, 2015
- Bryan Chitwood, Project Coordinator and Software Development Product Owner, 2016; Researcher, 2014
- Kevin Glover, Senior Software Engineer, LITS, site design and style consultant, 2015
- Alex Zotov, Senior Software Engineer, LITS, site development and implementation, 2015
- Aaron Goldsman, Researcher, 2015
- Sarah Harsh, Researcher, 2015
- Kristian Serrano, Lead Web Developer, Library Core Systems, site architecture consultant
- Alex Thomas Senior Software Engineer, LITS, creation of the admin interface for data collection
Data collection was completed by Sumita Chakraborty, Lisa Chinn, Bryan Chitwood, Brian Croxall, Vanessa Felso, Rhett Henry, Emily Leithauser, and Jonathan Potter.
Peer review was completed on the “About” and “Networks” pages by Walter B. Kalaidjian, Professor, Department of English, Emory University.
Many thanks to ECDS Co-directors Wayne Morse and Allen Tullos, and to all who helped with the project.
The project site and network graphs are built with zurnatikl, a Django web application designed by Emory developers to investigate and analyze the networks among journal contributors such as authors, editors, and translators.
Lisa Marie Chinn, Bryan C. Chitwood, Brian Croxall, Anne Donlon, Aaron Goldsman, Sarah Harsh, Rebecca Sutton Koeser, and Kevin Young.
“Schooling Donald Allen: Re-Locating Mid-Century American Poetry Networks,” CSDH-SCHN / ACH Conference, Ottawa, Ontario, June 2015 (Brian Croxall, Lisa Marie Chinn, and Rebecca Sutton Koeser)
“Schooling Donald Allen: Re-Locating Mid-Century American Poetry Networks,” DHSI Colloquium, Victoria, British Columbia, June 2015 (Brian Croxall, Lisa Marie Chinn, Rebecca Sutton Koeser)